Monday, June 6, 2011

Missing South Padre











We had such a great time last month going to South Padre Island, and with everything getting busy here lately I really miss those beautiful crashing waves of the ocean. Although I wish that we could have stayed longer than we did, it was a nice trip. Maybe it was a good thing that we didn't stay longer because Marc and I came back with a rich sunburn. Our skin peeled for several weeks after we returned. It has been very hot here recently, and of course we could use some more rain too. However, I must say that I have really enjoyed our time here in Texas. We have shared many memories here including the births of both of our children, one in Abilene and one in Grapevine. We drove to Texas in the summer of 2008 with much excitement and three years later we are still excited but scared about what the future may hold for us. One thing is true, we trust in God and because of that, Marc and I have a wonderful marriage and two precious children. Things have not always been easy, but we have learned to embrace change. It has certainly made us stronger. We can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us as we continue our journey. But I am still missing South Padre, it was so beautiful and peaceful there.

No comments:

Post a Comment