Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trash Patrol

The other day I was getting ready to make a smoothie. I was getting the parts to our mixer out and I noticed that a part of the lid was missing. Where did it go? I know that I washed that part just the other day and placed it in the cabinet. Just days before I remember Grace playing around the trash can. "No honey, trash is yucky! Why don't you play with these items instead." I directed her away from the trash can. So I ask Marc if he saw Grace around the trash can today. He doesn't recall seeing her there. I told him that I am missing part of the mixer. So we decide to look in the trash. And what do we find....Marc's cell phone and a bunch of little toys. No mixer piece. So Marc went out to get the bag of trash that he took out to put in the dumpster. So we dig, still digging, and finally we find the missing part of the mixer. So we attempt to tape the trash can up and periodically check it for items. She still managed to pull the tape off, and throw more toys, her sippy cup, and even some of our unopened canned goods from the cabinet. Now I have the tape on the inside and outside of the trash. Marc and I have to lift off the lid before throwing anything away. I still find her over there playing with it, and I try to re-direct her to other areas of the kitchen. It makes you wonder what else ended up in the trash that we didn't catch. I guess we will never know unless it comes up missing. Oh, little Spagoog and her discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment