Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mommy and Daddy's Anniversary

Marc and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on December 29th. I must say that our wedding day was one of the greatest moments of my life...and our marriage just gets better every day. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful man as my husband! It all started back in Indianapolis when my roommate Stacey said, "Here Misty, someone wants to talk to you." Marc was on the phone and I had never met him or saw a picture of him before. He says, " Hey baby, we are going to be together!" I say smiling, "Ooh really!" He says,"Yeah, I'm your destiny." And what turned out to be a flirty moment on the phone ended up being the beginning of a relationship that would change my life forever. I first met Marc when he came to a party that Stacey and I had. He had me mystified! I followed him around the room listening to him talk about God, farming, past relationships, everything you could think of. I couldn't keep from being drawn to him. He was soo handsome, wise, and incredibly fun! We spent the rest of the evening singing and dancing to Michael Jackson music! We developed such a deep friendship and rich romance! He became my babes, and I became his. Two of a kind! He proposed to me at St. John the Baptist Church in Earl Park, in front of the Blessed Sacrament. We prayed there, and then reminisced about our childhood. I felt so close to him and I prayed a quick prayer, that included asking God to give me patience, that if Marc didn't ask me to be his wife and that if we were truly meant to be together, that it would be on his ( God ) time. We got up to leave, and I thought to myself, I hope that he does answer my prayer because I am really going to need patience for I have such a longing to be with him. Then, I trip on the steps coming down. Marc catches me, and says "I will always be there to pick you up when you fall." I looked at him as he helped me up. Then, he knelt down and asked me to be his wife. What a blessing! I of course accepted and we said a consecration prayer to Mary and Joseph. We got married and celebrated on the eve of the Feast of the Holy Family! We rushed to the hospital on the night of our 1st wedding anniversary and Grace was born on 1:18 AM on the 30th. This year we spent our 2nd wedding anniversary in Lafayette. We spent a portion of the night celebrating at St. Boniface. We even got our wedding cake topper out. Yes, although we were unable to consume it on our 1st anniversary because we were in Texas, we got it out to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. Again, I have been richly blessed. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful husband, a fantastic marriage, and a beautiful daughter! Pray for us that we can continue to grow close to our Lord, and that our love will be an example to our daughter! May she grow with a desire in her heart to love and follow our Lord. I look forward to all the memories that we will continue to share together over the next many years!




An actual saved bag of Holiday M&M's from our wedding! They still tasted yummy too!

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWW such a great story !! May you have many blessed years together ! It goes fast cherish it both your marriage and your kid(s) lives . As you know it's been 8 years ( June ) for us and then Shaylee will be 3 on the 17th and then little bugsy will be 3 months on the 24th . I love you 3 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, you write so beautifully! I loved the re-telling of your engagement - makes me cry! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful pics!!!

    ReplyDelete