Monday, September 12, 2011

Jonathan is 9 months!

Our precious Jonathan is 9 months old now. He turned 9 months officially on September 6th. Just a week ago before he turned 9 months we celebrated a big milestone with him, he began crawling forward. He really loves the fact that he can get to anything that he desires now by crawling. It has opened up the world for him. Unfortunately he has had a rough couple of weeks. I took him in to the doctor a week ago because I thought that the cold that he had been trying to fight was in his chest, the doctor assured me that it was not in his chest. He said that it was all in his upper respiratory system and that he had an ear infection. He needed to be put on antibiotics. I had given him his amoxicillin for a week. Yesterday was the 7th day of a 10 day dose of this medication. When he woke up yesterday he was covered in a rash from head to toe. I felt so helpless. What caused this I wondered. He was also very irritable, and I can understand why. I took him back to the doctor and he was convinced that he is allergic to penicillin and that is why that he has this full body rash. He told me that his ears are still red and that he needs another antibiotic and a steroid to help alleviate the symptoms associated with the rash. I took him in for his 9 month well check-up today and a different doctor, his new pediatrician, told me that his ears look fine and that he shouldn't be taking the antibiotic. He isn't sure whether the rash was from the penicillin but typed in his chart that he is possibly allergic to it and recommended getting allergy tests in the future. He then told me that he recommended he get a third Hepatitis B vaccine since his shot records do not reflect him getting that dose. He also recommends a flu vaccine. So I agreed to have the two vaccines given to him today. I know that he is not feeling himself still. He is napping now along with his sister. She seems to be doing fine and has been offering to help entertain her brother. She is such a loving sister. Jonathan weighed 20 lbs 1 ounce today, and he measured 28 3/4 inches long. The doctor stated that if he remained on this trajectory that he would probably be at least 6 feet tall. Wow Buddy, you are growing! I hope that this awful rash goes away soon because it just doesn't suite him. He is always smiling and this rash is just making him miserable. Please pray that our Jonathan gets well soon and that his health is restored. I need to see him smiling again! His smiles are so infectious :) I will keep you updated.








No comments:

Post a Comment