Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jonathan's 4 Month Checkup

Can you believe my Jonathan is already 4 months old? Where does the time go? I have been so blessed to be able to enjoy him growing up. He is such a joy! He laughs and smiles all of the time. We went to see the doctor today for his well baby checkup. He sure is growing? He weighs 16 lbs 14 ounces and is 25 and 3/4 inches long. Go Johny Cakers! He is healthy and right on track with development. Here are a few details about him. He loves looking up at the fan on the ceiling when it is spinning. I wonder if that makes him dizzy but he finds it fascinating. He also smiles when I turn it on. I think that he also enjoys the pleasant breeze that it creates. He loves playing on his play mat. He eagerly pulls at all of the hanging toys, especially the giant red bug that plays a number of tunes if you pull on it just right. He vocalizes very well and gets very excited trying to tell me what is going on in his world. He loves to hear mommy sing to him. He loves to sit in his bouncy with either the radio or the dishwasher nearby. When he falls asleep in his bouncy seat he will often open his eyes to see if I am nearby and when he makes eye contact with me and hears me speak he smiles the biggest smile and then he closes his eyes again and drifts away in baby dreamland. He loves to be tickled right under the chin or around his ribs. His laughs are so infectious! And when he smiles he uses his entire face. His eyes are so big and blue and they have such shine to them. He loves to listen to his daddy talk to him. One of the cutest things that he does, and this also reminds me of when Grace was just a baby, is that when he is nursing he often breaks away and gives me a smile or he will vocalize and coo at me, or sometimes he will laugh, and then he will return to nursing. God really knew what he was doing when he thought of women nursing their young. It is such a beautiful thing. Jonathan really took well to nursing even though he came early. Jonathan also loves to watch his sister. He always smiles when she is talking nearby, and especially when Grace gives him hugs and kisses. And when Grace occasionally cries, he cries also. I cannot wait to see how they will interact as he continues to grow. But I don't want to speed up the clock, so I hope that these moments don't pass by too quickly. I love my babies, and even though Grace is a toddler she is still my baby too. I am so thankful for the health of my children. And Jonathan, happy 4 months sweetie! You light up my world!








2 comments:

  1. I have the cutest godson ever!! I LOVE how chubby he is. I can't take it - I need to meet him so I can kiss those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sleeping picture!! When Shaylee gets upset so does Cassie. It will be great to see them interact more and more!

    ReplyDelete