Monday, April 4, 2011

10 Facts About My Husband and I

1. I met my husband at a party held by my roommate in Indianpolis, and the favorite topic of conversation between us was Michael Jackson. So many laughs were shared between us. I became very interested in this man immediately.

2. On our first date we went to see The Aviator, and while we were watching I envisioned our wedding at Saint Boniface. This was even before I went to Saint Boniface. And I know you probably think that I am joking about the wedding but I am completely serious. Remembering our first date, when we were married Marc told me how he really wanted to hold my hand when we were watching that movie together but he didn't want to come off too strong; if only he knew what I was dreaming of at that moment I believe he would have held my hand without any hesitation.

3. On the night of our first kiss, Marc and I drank at least 32 ounces of Mountain Dew each, and then we sang "Roxanne" by the Police, at the top of our lungs.

4. We enjoyed many conversations about our faith while dating, and we still have very detailed conversations about religion and politics. Marc really helped me seek out the truth and it is by his example that I started digging deep into the Catholic faith. Thank you Mom and Dad for raising such a gemstone for me! I am proud to see what I have become and I can't wait to continue to grow with my husband!

5. A favorite memory of ours was going to The Fiddler's Hearth to see Gaelic Storm. We went with Ben and Katrina. We danced and sang to our hearts content that night, and then pigged out on Cheetos on the way home. The next day in class, while I was in dental school, I discovered one random cheeto in my purse. I burst out laughing and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. And I was crazy, crazy in love!

6. We went to Disney World for our honeymoon and it was record cold for Florida then. We still had a great time and our favorite food while we were there were fries from Mc'Donalds.

7. While we were dating, I bought Marc an alarm clock that woke you up by saying many silly phrases. He loved it and used it every day up until our daughter thought it would be fun to see if it would float in the toilet. It was sad to see it go because it had such sentimental value, but you couldn't help but laugh to see how it met it's fate. We put it in the trash and it randomly went off muffling the wake up phrases in a creepy voice. It was only a memory when trash day came.

8. On our second wedding anniversary we cut a piece of our wedding cake but decided that we weren't going to eat it. We were unable to enjoy it on our first anniversary because the cake was in the freezer at my parent's house in West Lafayette while we were in Abilene going to the hospital to have our first child. We got some nice pictures of it.

9. My husband is much wiser than I will ever be. I adore him!

10. My husband is my absolute favorite person in the world. He is my best friend. I believe that he knows me better than even I know myself. He is the greatest husband that a girl could ever ask for. He is the best father to our children, and they are madly crazy about him. Our love continues to grow stronger each and every day and I can't wait to share even more memories with the love of my life, my husband.

** And I could go on and on about my husband and I but I can't tell you everything. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You just made my day! Thanks for the laughs and the compliment. Marc could never have found a better wife, companion, and confidant than you, Misty! God bless you for all you do to make peoples' lives better and happier.
    Love,
    Mom, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew you and Marc were great for each other!! I feel lilke I know him way better than I do! I am just sad that we never got to hang out much before you moved to Texas, but one day hopefully not to far in the future we can all get together and visit for hours and watch the kids play. I love both of you!

    ReplyDelete