Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Beehive

Last night Grace, Marc, and I went to a popular restaurant, The Beehive. However, this place was far from popular to us. We went because a good work friend of mine was going to be leaving for South America on a military mission. We were supposed to have reservations for 12 at 7 pm. They did not seat us until around 8 pm and we didn't get served until 9 pm. Everyone was dressed up and Marc and I were wearing jeans. I was wearing a mickey mouse t-shirt, which happened to match Grace's mickey mouse outfit. I am sure everyone thought that was funny. Marc and I didn't have much to choose from on the menu because it was Friday and this was a western steakhouse. It was Lent and Marc and I had to abstain from meat on Fridays. Everyone else at the table was disappointed with the food. However, we did go out to see our friend off. Grace was very well behaved...and she seemed to be the most popular one at the restaurant. Even the hostess that was slightly ill-mannered when we arrived ended up cooing with Grace. Grace brought fun to a not so eventful evening. We love you Grace! The only thing that could have made this experience worse would have been the following...bees flying out of the kitchen telling us to stand clear of their honey.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful baby and parents. Grace sure looks beautiful along side Winnie the Pooh. When I was a little baby I was stuck with Howdy Doody. Live with that. She's a happy little girl. Grandpa sure misses you. Love,Grandpa

    ReplyDelete