Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beauty of Prayer

Last night I sat on the couch with Grace laying across my lap. She had just dozed off, and I sat admiring her beauty as she slept. She is such an amazing baby girl...always full of smiles and happiness. What a wonderful gift we have in front of our eyes. Grace Marie has changed me in so many ways already. I am so grateful to have her in my life. I sat there thinking about the joys of motherhood and how many women might take it for granted. I thought about how mothers need to be led by example...they need to be led by our Blessed Mother...what a perfect role model. I also thought about the unborn and how people could take away their right to life. I thought about all of the pregnant women and the amazing experiences that they would be blessed with. So I asked Marc for my rosary...and we prayed for all of these things. We prayed for the guidance of our Blessed Mother...in our needs and for those mothers, pregnant, young lives, and those lost. What beauty and love came from those words of prayer. It doesn't take a lot of time out of your day to pray. I know that I felt so much closer to Mary and to her son, Jesus...in just those few words of prayer. I know that sometimes I take my many blessings for granted...but I also know that I am trying harder to be a better mother every day. Because I am responsible for another soul now...not just my own. I love Grace more each day...and I hope that I can be a great role model for her...but I hope that she may find her Blessed Mother to be even more of an example that I could ever be. I hope that I can help show her to always take time to appreciate the beauty of prayer!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful, Misty! You are wise beyond your years!!

    ReplyDelete