Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Window of Love




I watched my baby girl looking out the window yesterday and the image melted my heart. Such joy it is watching her grow in curiosity day by day. She is so beautiful and I thought to myself, God wants all of us to be children in our hearts...to grow day by day, living, laughing, and loving each discovery along the way back home to Him. The love from God is pure and perfect, just like the love of a child, so pure and innocent. Grace is fearless, every tear is followed by another smile, and every cry is followed by a sweet little giggle. If I could play like my daughter does, if I could live life more simply, how I would be closer to our Lord. What happened to life being simple? Along the way, things of the world just got too complicated! I would like to live my life like I was a child again. God would be there to lift me up when I would fall. Our Blessed Mother would wipe my tears. And I could live my life as if I were a child, and I guess that I am. I am living it through my own child. She has taught me more in these eight months than I have learned in the last 28 years of my life. Thank you my dear precious daughter, for showing me another meaning of love, and for bringing me closer to God as I go along my own journey. I pray that you will stay sweet and innocent,as you are now, for all the years of your life, as you prepare to meet your creator. I love you Grace!

1 comment:

  1. Misty, what a beautiful insight! You truly are close to God to understand His design so well. We are blessed to have such wonderful daughers-in-law!!
    Love,
    Mom & Dad, MIs

    ReplyDelete